London Midland‘s new timetable brings a host of extra services from Sunday 10 December.
Among the improvements there will be :
- more fast evening weekday departures from Euston to Crewe
- earlier Sunday arrivals into Birmingham New Street from Rugby, Coventry, Tile Hill, Birmingham International and Marston Green, Lichfield TV & City, Blake St, Shenstone and Butlers Lane
- earlier Sunday arrivals into Birmingham Moor Street from Shirley, Yardley Wood, Hall Green, Spring Road, Dorridge, Widney Manor, Solihull, Olton and Acocks Green
- More Bescot and Hartlebury services
There are two new evening services from Euston for passengers travelling to Crewe and stations along the Trent Valley.
The 1946 departure from Euston calls at Milton Keynes Central, Rugby, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Tamworth, Lichfield Trent Valley, Rugeley Trent Valley, Stafford, Stone, Stoke-on-Trent, Kidsgrove and Alsager arriving in Crewe at 2224.
A retimed and faster 2046 departure from Euston means passengers can leave the capital half an hour later than previously and still arrive at their destinations at the same time. The 2046 calls at Milton Keynes Central, Rugby, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Tamworth, Lichfield Trent Valley, Rugeley Trent Valley and Stoke-n-Trent arriving in Crewe at 2310.
Extra carriages are also being added to some of the busiest peak time trains to and from Euston.
- The 0521 Crewe – London Euston will have an extra four Carriages from Crewe – Northampton. (eight carriages in total)
- The 1713 London Euston – Birmingham New St will have an extra four carriages from London Euston to Northampton. (12 carriages in total)
There is a new later service at Hartlebury – the 22:33 Dorridge – Worcester Shrub Hill(2301 from Birmingham Snow Hill) will now call additionally at Hartlebury at 2346. And Bescot will have a more frequent service – with up to an extra 26 trains a day
Bescot also gains a more frequent Saturday service with up to an extra 23 trains a day, while Hatlebury benefits from extra early morning and late evening Saturday services.
- 0544 Worcester Shrub Hill – Dorridge will now call at Hartlebury at 05:59
- 2233 Dorridge – Worcester Shrub Hill will now call at Hartlebury at 23:45
New earlier Sunday services into Birmingham will include
- 0852 Rugby – Liverpool Lime St calls at Birmingham New St at 0931
- 0857 Dorridge – Birmingham Snow Hill (due 0920) new service calling at Birmingham Moor St at 0918
- 0906 Whitlocks End – Great Malvern calls at Birmingham Moor St at 0924
- 0913 Longbridge – Lichfield Trent Valley calls at Birmingham New St at 0936
- 0901 Lichfield Trent Valley – Redditch calls at Birmingham New St 09:42
There will be a better connection to London Paddington services from Worcester. The 1012 Great Malvern – Stratford upon Avon will depart five minutes earlier at 1007, to enable passengers to travel on the Great Western Railway 1025 service from Worcester Foregate Street – London Paddington Service
London Midland’s director of Passenger Services, Tom Joyner, said “This is an innovative timetable that reflects the changing ways people are travelling and using our trains. The earlier Sunday arrivals into Birmingham and more late night services across our network are based on what people have been telling us they want from their local train operator- easier, simpler better journeys at the times they need them.”
Cllr Roger Horton, lead member for Rail and Metro on the West Midlands Combined Authority’s transport delivery committee, said: “These timetable changes will better meet the needs of passengers and make travelling by train even more convenient and attractive.
“The earlier Sunday services into Birmingham are particularly welcome, especially for those people who work in the city on the weekends.”
For more information about London Midland’s winter timetable improvements go to www.londonmidland.com/travel-information/live-information/december-timetable-change